- 1. Never reject a good idea because it is impossible.
- Nearly all good ideas seem impossible - at first "brush".
is merely because they call for change and effort.
- 2. Never reject a positive idea because it may fill your own personal desire and ego.
- You are where you are because of your ability to get things done.
You are expected by others to go further than that if you can. If
you do, you have the right to shine. A positive idea is the polish
- 3. Never oppose an idea because it will lead to a problem.
- All positive ideas encounter problems on the way to fruition. That is
fundamental ! Overcoming problems is one of life's exhilarations !
- 4. Never reject an idea because there is something wrong with it.
- No idea is perfect right from the start. The best idea of all is to
resolve to make every good idea better.
- 5. Never make your decisions on your ability - but on your adaptability.
- A positive idea is a surging force from within which makes you much
more able and adaptable than you ever gave yourself credit for.
- 6. Never wait to launch the idea until you have solved all the problems.
- A good idea always arises out of a problem and paves the way to its
solution. Invite others into your idea to solve the problems. This
is how good ideas are made even better !
- 7. Never use an immovable, unsolvable problem as an excuse for quitting.
- An immovable, unsolvable problem is the best opportunity you will
ever have for a good idea. It is from problems that the great
positive ideas are fertilized. It's then up to you to give them
birth - realizing that nothing is ever born without labour.
- 8. Never back away from a great idea because the price is too high.
- A great idea right from the start is an investment that will grow
an pay dividends far in excess of the initial price. There is no
downside to a good idea if you stick with it and work to bring it
- 9. Never reject an idea because of conflict with your present thinking or the
past positions you may have taken.
- Your present thinking and past positions are merely stages in your
own growth. A positive idea is your opportunity to undergo a growth spurt !
- 10. Never throw away a great idea because it might honor someone else and build
someone else's reputation.
- You are the keeper of your own ledger and are the only person authorized to make entries in it. God is your auditor and no one else!
No person who wishes to keep his reputation for long will fail to recognize the contribution of others.
If you can give birth to one great idea you may be certain you will
have many more. This is how to build your reputation. Contribution
to others is how it will be recognized.
|GUIDELINES - Dr. Robert Schuller|
REFLECTIONS - Thomas A. Rogers